Thursday, April 29, 2010

Driving Downhill All the Way to Donley County

I really don't mean to brag, but when it comes to my job....what can I say?  It's a dream job.  Oh, the places and people I get to meet!  On April 20, 2010, off I went to Clarendon in Donley County.  After making connections with Chamber Director and TPTR Board Member, Judy Burlin, we made our way to the absolutely gorgeous Donley County Courthouse to meet with Judge Jack Hall and to tour the building.  If you can find one more historic and beautiful...please let me know. We had a great conversation with several folks in the courthouse, and then I made my way to visit some of the cute shops in Clarendon as well as visiting with KEFH Oldies channel. http://www.kool993.net/  I love it...one of my fav's.  Judy had put together (in her spare time) a three day tourism conference for her locals at the Library. This was an wonderful opportunity for her to use her fellow experts on regional tourism/heritage/preservation and as she said "set a fire under Clarendon!" And cooked some really good food...mmmm Barbeque!  After Nancy Cordero, Kris Alexender, and I gave presentations,  I set out for the Bar H Dude Ranch west of Clarendon to relax and get work done.  OMG-this place is a real getaway...and one of the best steaks I've ever had!  http://www.barhduderanch.com/  It was a little bit of a rocky weather night...with no tv, internet, or phone service, I caught up on some reading and rest.  I guess that counts for  R & R!    We had an excellent turnout at the Post Office for our 16th Special Stamp Cancellation. Charles Starne, Holle Humphries, and Dolores Mosser all made the trip...as did Viola Moore and the new President of the PTMC organization. Thanks to the Postmaster who served up some delectable Turkey Sandwiches, chips, cookies, and dips.  Perfect timing as I was heading to the Airport to go to Houston for the THC Annual Conference.  Clarendon....you have SO much to offer visitors....the Sandell Theater, your great Museum, Clarendon College and so much more.  Have to run.  Deborah Sue McDonald, Executive Director TPTR

No comments:

Post a Comment

Plains

Plains

Tales from the Plains Trail Region

My photo
Borger, Texas Plains Trail Region, United States
Striving to inspire others to travel the rugged-beauty of the Texas Plains Trail Region where the grass is greener, the people are friendlier, and the sky is blue. Wow! A great place to live is a great place to visit. C'mon visit the "Texas You Will Remember."

Followers